*Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, such as items highlighted in this post.
While it’s a balmy 93 degrees here in North Carolina, Mondays in my family always means pasta night. Recently, I made stove top lasagna using gluten-free lasagna noodles. This recipe constantly gets a thumbs up from my family, and we have enough for leftovers on Tuesday. I truly think that hot pasta dishes are the only meals that still work in the summer. If you haven’t tried it, please do. Here we go!
- Gluten free lasagna noodles (1 box)
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1.5-2 lbs ground beef
- 14 oz water
- 1-2 tblsp diced garlic
- 2 tsblsp oregano
- 2 dashes of crushed red pepper (we like spice)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup sugar (brown sugar gives it a rich taste)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Set the Dutch oven on the stove, with the heat on medium.
- Brown the ground beef, completely.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and water. Stir.
- Next, add all of the seasonings.
- By this time, the mixture should be boiling. Break up the lasagna noodles and put them into the Dutch oven.
- Turn the stove down to low, cover the Dutch oven and let cook for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Once the noodles are fully cooked, spoon the Ricotta cheese into the Dutch oven.
- Top the meal with shredded cheese, cover the Dutch oven again, and turn the stove off. Let sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and enjoy!